Home

Friday, June 4, 2010

Map My India On my Motorola Milestone [UK]

 

After seeing the Motorola milestone sold in India having India maps for Moto Nav, I was behind the motorola people in UK. I did not get a proper response and finally Indian technical support said, its never going to get launched in the Motorola Extras where you can download the maps for various counties.

Recently, I have seen a map for south east Asia and I am disappointed to see India is not there in the list of maps. I would like to keep the map application and use it in my car while I am travelling to various places in and out of the city.

Upon searching, I found an Indian company named ‘Map My India’ had the android application for Rs.2500 from Map My India web site. In the web site the support is only mentioned for HTC android devices. But still I took a chance to buy it for my Motorola Milestone purchased in UK. Because, I have HTC Magic also.

I placed an order and with in 4 days, I got the software shipped from Delhi. I followed the instructions to install the application in to my Motorola milestone and surprisingly, Map My India worked pretty well in my Motorola Milestone.

The map my India application named ‘Mobile maps 9’ is not as good as iGo or the Moto Nav application. But still as it is voice based turn to turn navigation its still useful. So, finally here is the India map for Motorola milestone.

Here is the screen shots of the ‘Map my India’ navigation application.

 

1n map_my_india

I will write more about this after using quite some time.

But, my first thought is,

1. The exit button is hidden some where inside and I am able to catch that after a good time of research. So, I expect at least in the next release they should keep the buttons handy in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment